Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct application for the 3-hump deluxe interior console lid? I have seen parts dealers selling repops and claiming they are correct for 69 mustangs with deluxe int. The console I bought for my 69 has a thin, flat lid. I went to the Bellevue show this weekend and noticed that all of the concourse 69-70 cars had the same flat lid. So when did Ford use the 3-hump version?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 3 humper is supposed to be the cougar lid. All mustangs were supposed to have the flat lid. The reason I say "supposed" is that my Dad's All original,Boss 302, bought from the original owner has the 3 hump design. There were some manufacuring shortages or the worker put the wrong peice in on the assembly line which explain this discrepancy. I believe the flat design is "concours correct."

Don

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I am not sure on this also. I was wondering the same thing. I had thought the 3 humper was for '69 and the flat was for '70 but it might not be so. There is a difference in the consoles also, the button and lighter. The one I got off of had flat top, black button and no lighter socket leading me to believe the console was a '69.(except the flat lid) Maybe the 3 humper was Deluxe or Mach?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I think that I have found the answer via the following private e-mail.

"3-hump' lid was originally used only on 1969-70 Cougar
XR-7 and same year Shelby GTs."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts