Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been out of the car market for awhile so i'm asking for alittle advise on this one.. 69 vert, 302 auto ps,pdb,cruz,candy apple redout with red deluxe int! no motor or trans, radiator support and front panels in front of shock towers off probably front light hit! front looks straight, nice body and very little rust on front floor. this car is in need of a total restore.. 9F03F no fenders or hood, doors back there and clean. opinion on what its worth ? moving and light'n the load a bit.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
If you really want to establish a value, a Marti report could be suggested. If it was a fully equipped vert, even with a 302, it could be desirable. If this car was in class 2 condition, it could be worth about $30,000. If the price is $9500, if it could be put in class 2 condition for another $20,000, $9500 is a good price. I would guess it would cost a lot more than $20,000 to get it nice if you paid someone, so I think that is a high price. But if someone wants a fully optioned vert, they might pay this price. Otherwise, I would think it is high.

I have my own red 69 convertible, 302, fully loaded.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
69 GT convert

I found my 69 GT convert at a local car show about 3 years ago. The PO was just tired of it sitting in his garage and taking up space. He had over $18K in resto and several thousand more in misc. he settled on $12K just to get rid of it. So price is really relative. Best way is to figure out what the resto will cost (always add 25% for weasels) and what it's worth restored and adjust accordingly. The speed control is rare and will add a bit if it's all there & working. (If it isn't there and the turn signal arm is correct with the button, I need one for mine, as the arm is toast!) If you can find some of the missing parts- fenders and such, it'll greatly increase the value so the next owner doesn't have to go looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
760 Posts
PonyDoc, you got ripped off but I'll be nice and give you your money back on that. :) Nice car! I have one myself that I wouldn't let go for lest than $28K. I was offered $32K once and turned it down. to the OP, If you can get $9500 for that much of a project, I'd think that's a good price for you. We originally gave $5K for mine and I have another $25K in it and it was in slightly better shape and a complete 351W car, but they have gone up a bit since then so I think its a good price. If it were me buying, I'd probably want to be around $5K considering its not complete.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I know this is an old thread but..... I think 9.5k is either really good if your selling really bad if you buying. I think 5-6k would be a fair price for it as a buyer.

Reactions: bullit

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow forgot this car was on here due to building a house and being very busy... been away from this site for awhile and miss it, life happens. but its just sitting in storage going up in price as an investment.. maybe i'll take to the coast with me, i personally think its worth it but who knows. i just have too much crap to sell and too many cars to move.. just crazy! love this site, best around!

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't been here for awhile, been busy with in-law BS and life.. all the car projects that i have, have been in storage and its time to light'n the load so i can fresh'n up the house and get the hell out of cali!! so with the 10 or so i have i'll start with this one, I will listin to any and all cash offers.. I understand it needs alot of work but it is a good color combo with nice options and a good solid car! I'm not going to do it due to too much other crap to do to get out of here so if you want to offer i'm listing.. Thanks [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts