Vintage Mustang Forums banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Well that's it, I can stop wondering what the car would look like with the rear spoiler. This afternoon I put my big boy pants on and installed the darn thing. I really think it looks amazing with it and changes the look of the car quite a bit. Adds to the resto-rod theme and carries the black accents through to the back.
20210430_182844.jpg

20210430_182857.jpg

20210430_182918.jpg

20210430_182927.jpg

20210430_190945.jpg

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Looks pretty good, but I think if you would have installed it another 3/4" to the rear it would be perfect! Can you move it? LOL! 😀

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Looks pretty good, but I think if you would have installed it another 3/4" to the rear it would be perfect! Can you move it? LOL! 😀
That's funny, I must have spent 2 hours moving it back and forth trying to nail down the best placement. The spot it ended up in works real well with the lines of the car. From the side, the back of the spoiler follows through to the flow of rear of the car, further forward it looked awkward and further back it began to roll off the back of the trunk lid. Pretty happy with where I decided to mount it.
20210430_182844.jpg

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Side window top edge weather strip clips finally came in so was able to install them and glue in the weather stripping. Not a fan of using this weather strip glue, huge PITA, tough not to make a mess but doable. Didn't get to get out for a drive but lots of time for that.
20210508_220808.jpg

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Couldn't take it anymore, had to tidy up the engine compartment a little bit. Whoever had thier way with the wiring on this car before I got it, obviously didn't give a crap what they did and had wires going every way, looked like a rats nest. Installed new battery cables, undid and rerouted almost every wire and put them in cable looms. This is more of a temporary fix than a permanent solution as one day in the future the motor will come out and crazy things will happen under the hood.
20210515_193911.jpg

20210515_193929.jpg

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Beautiful day out here on the west coast of BC, perfect for a cruise downtown. Met a couple fellow classic Mustang fans and friends and found a cool spot for some pics.

20210516_185540.jpg

20210516_144207.jpg

20210516_144536.jpg

20210516_144754.jpg

20210516_150346.jpg

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
After a couple days of driving to work and having to park in a dusty environment, my poor car was real dusty and dirty. Surprisingly enough this amazing paint job and color didn't show the dirt too bad unless you got close. Got home today and gave it a serious cleaning, my god it pops now.
I love this color and am blown away at the bodywork every time I look at it.

Before:
20210521_063641.jpg

20210521_063702.jpg

After:

20210521_182248.jpg

20210521_182303.jpg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Very nice car! Just read the whole thread and very happy for you the way it turned out. Certainly should turn lots of heads congrats!

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Very nice car! Just read the whole thread and very happy for you the way it turned out. Certainly should turn lots of heads congrats!
Thank you, pretty happy with the outcome myself. Still lots to do but that's half the fun isn't it.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Do you run spacers with your current wheels?
No sir, these are Foose 17x8's front and back and fit very well. The rears have Nitto NT555 275 40R 17 's and the fronts are Nitto NT555 215 40R 17's.
I'm not planning on keeping the Foose rims much longer, they came with the car when I got it. They look ok but were abused a bit by the previous owners and have some pitting/corrosion issues. If they were in better shape I'd keep them but thier current condition compared to how the car now looks, forces me to look for something else. I've been looking at the American RacingTorq Thrust series but am having a hard time deciding. It is tempting to just get another set of these as well.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Finally off with the old exhaust system and the noisy droning Flowmasters and on with the new 2 1/2" system with X-Pipe and 4x9x14 Magnaflows. Even room for a set of electric exhaust cutouts if I so desire later on. Excited to hear the new system and see if it performs any differently than the poorly installed 2 1/4 Flowmaster system. Not going to ly, going to miss that throaty roar, hopefully this new system isn't too quiet.
Next job will be some underbody cleanup and an entire new set of leaf springs and progressive springs for the front.
20210526_153528.jpg

20210526_154919.jpg

20210526_160631.jpg

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Well car is finished at the muffler shop and home. Pretty impressed so far with the install and the sound, albet it is still a bit loud at times, mostly under load or heavy deceleration. The owner of Carline Auto, the place who did the work here in Maple Ridge BC, suggested I got with the 4x9x18 inch Magnaflow mufflers (his personal favorites) but in my infinite wisdom I chose the ouder option and went with the 14's. :rolleyes:
Due to the fact it is raining here right now, I had to drive home with the windows up but that in itself was a good test. The drone is gone, 90% of the vibration at 2500 RPM is gone, the loud roar over 3000 RPM is gone unless I step on it and the idle is quite quiet. Happy that the old clunk every time I hit a bump is a thing of the past, man that was annoying to say the least. It is quite amazing how the system with the larger diameter 2 1/2" pipe, X-Pipe in the center and Magnaflow 4x9x14's comes to life with the slightest amount of pedal input and goes quiet when you cruise or let off. This will make driving the car any distance much more enjoyable and maybe I won't be completely deaf by years end.
Dude did an excellent job of building and routing the new system and I think it looks amazing. Can't believe how straight, tucked away and clean the whole build is, he was even able to keep and reuse my nice little Magnaflow tips. It isn't a fancy stainless show car exhaust system but that wasn't what I wanted, the car is a driver, not a trailer queen. When it stops raining and I can get under the car and get it back out for a rip, I'll get some pics and video. I did made a short video of the exhaust the way it was before taking it in, will be nice to see the difference when I complete the video with new footage of how it is now.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Well car is finished at the muffler shop and home. Pretty impressed so far with the install and the sound, albet it is still a bit loud at times, mostly under load or heavy deceleration. The owner of Carline Auto, the place who did the work here in Maple Ridge BC, suggested I got with the 4x9x18 inch Magnaflow mufflers (his personal favorites) but in my infinite wisdom I chose the ouder option and went with the 14's. :rolleyes:
Due to the fact it is raining here right now, I had to drive home with the windows up but that in itself was a good test. The drone is gone, 90% of the vibration at 2500 RPM is gone, the loud roar over 3000 RPM is gone unless I step on it and the idle is quite quiet. Happy that the old clunk every time I hit a bump is a thing of the past, man that was annoying to say the least. It is quite amazing how the system with the larger diameter 2 1/2" pipe, X-Pipe in the center and Magnaflow 4x9x14's comes to life with the slightest amount of pedal input and goes quiet when you cruise or let off. This will make driving the car any distance much more enjoyable and maybe I won't be completely deaf by years end.
Dude did an excellent job of building and routing the new system and I think it looks amazing. Can't believe how straight, tucked away and clean the whole build is, he was even able to keep and reuse my nice little Magnaflow tips. It isn't a fancy stainless show car exhaust system but that wasn't what I wanted, the car is a driver, not a trailer queen. When it stops raining and I can get under the car and get it back out for a rip, I'll get some pics and video. I did made a short video of the exhaust the way it was before taking it in, will be nice to see the difference when I complete the video with new footage of how it is now.
Where are the pictures?

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Where are the pictures?
Pouring rain today, just wanted to get the car home, in the garage safely and dried off. Tomorrow I'll get it out and get some pictures etc.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just installed a Magnaflow kit on my car. I really like it. Reasonably quiet at idle and when cruising, but sounds good when you get on it. Also sounds nice on downshifts. No drone at all.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
So i took the time to create a short video comparing the old Flowmaster exhaust system I had on this car with the new Magnaflow system it now has. Hope some of you enjoy it.

·
Registered
1969 Mustang Coupe
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Sounds great. Nice video too. I like the time lapse sequence at the end.

What seats do you have in it?
Thanks, and you know I have no idea where the PO got these seats but I do like them. I also have the original seats but they fail in comparison. If you or anyone else really wants to know about the seats I can contact the PO and ask him.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts