Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s some pics of my 69 Mustang that I picked up last year. Its been a 100% drag car for a long long time. The first thing I did was pull the tired old 429 out and had a new 460 based stroker built for it (521cid) that made 760 hp on pump gas. I also had the drag race prepped C6 rebuilt, and I rebuilt the 9” rear with 3.70 gears.

While I was waiting for the engine to be built I updated some things on the chassis. The first thing I did was notch the shock towers as much as I possibly could. This was my first time attempting this and I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.

The old rollbar was cutout and a new chrome moly cage installed along with new floor pans and frame connectors.

Next I went thru the front/rear suspension and brakes. Wilwood lightweight disc brakes were installed at all 4 corners. Calvert split mono leafs and bars were installed out back. And OpenTracker roller control arms up front. I went with Viking double adj drag shocks all around.

Trunk area in work.

So right now I’m waiting for parts before the eng/trans can be installed. Then I still need to completely wire and plumb the car. Once that’s done I’ll scale it, get it aligned, chassis dyno it, and then hit the track hopefully later this year. I’m hoping it will run mid 9’s in the quarter at 140 mph or so.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
803 Posts
Beautiful car!!! A 69 coupe done right. Not pretending to be a FB.

Coupe drag cars, IMO, always look better than the FB for some reason.

Chris

Reactions: Gxjetmech

·
Registered
67 Mustang 351w
247 Posts
Sweet car! I have a 502 sitting in my shop that I hope the guy that it belongs to never picks it up. It may end up in my ‘67 if that happens.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,523 Posts
Nice looking 69 Coupe.

Reactions: Gxjetmech

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Outstanding work. Car looks great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. It’s certainly not as nice as some of the machines on here but it will be quick! I’m just waiting on the powder coat guy and then the eng/trans can be installed. 😎

1 - 12 of 12 Posts