Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to paint my engine in my 69 Mach 1 and am confused about which blue is correct. Is it called medium blue like the 66-67 cars. Or is it another blue. One book I have says that 69-70 has light blue paint but I don't trust it's accuracy. One paint supplier (Bill Hirsch) has a paint called Ford Mustang blue which they say is for 67 onward with a 302 motor. My motor is a 351w. They also said that the Ford Mustang Blue is almost identical to the 66-67 color. Please help Jim

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From '66/'73;All engines have the Ford dark blue. I hope this answers your question. A place where you can get Ford dark blue is Larry's Thunderbird and Mustang Parts, Inc. The number for it is MPT 1923 Ford Dark Blue.............$4.95. GOOD LUCK!

- Just one more fight and I'll be history yes I will straight up leave your [censored] and you'll be the one who's left missing me (yeah) this time I'm a let it all come out this time I'm a stand up and shout I'm a doing things my way. -Limp Bizkit

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, your actually wrong. The only year that used the light blue for the engine area on a mustang was the '64 1/2 ; 260-8cylinder

- Just one more fight and I'll be history yes I will straight up leave your [censored] and you'll be the one who's left missing me (yeah) this time I'm a let it all come out this time I'm a stand up and shout I'm a doing things my way. -Limp Bizkit

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I thought those were black? BTW, my source is from show cars and the Mustang Restoration Guide. I've seen a lot of incorrect engines if light blue is incorrect..

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/frontside_sig01.JPG

·
Registered
786 Posts
Dark blue is what was stock on MY 70 Coupe. I didn't like it as much as the light blue, so I painted it light blue. Sorry to all you purists!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have a 69 with a 302-2V and have been using the Dark Blue as that is what matched the parts that still had some original paint.

69 Grande Coupe
2000 GT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts