Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
FYI, your first image is not appearing all the way, just the top 10% maybe. Sorry, I have a fold down and you do not so I can't help.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
looks like you might have the wrong seat, take some measurements and see if anyone else has the same size seat.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I think you are missing a piece, I have one I can take a picture of but unfortunately I'm not where that piece is, I'll be there over the weekend and if you haven't seen one by then drop me an email and I'll dig it up and take a pic for you.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I am missing the same piece.. I think there is a panel that goes there but they are not reproduced. Good luck finding one off a used car. I would like to see some pics of the correct panel as well..

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
All fastbacks from '65-'70 used the same seat base and back (regardless of whether it was fold down or stationary), so he can't have the wrong seat.

You're missing a trim piece, but unfortunately, I don't know exactly what it looks like, and that one stationary seat pic I have (taken at a car show) doesn't show it.

My car was originally a stationary seat but was missing everything but the seat itself. I converted to fold down (and paid almost as much for the fold down as I did the car *LOL*).

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
The first pic looks right. Do you have the long trim piece that fastens to the top? It is metal and overhangs the seatback support on both sides.

Do you have these pieces installed? I'm pretty sure they are used with the stationary seat. Maybe this is the reason you have those gaps?

http://home.woh.rr.com/filage/trim.jpg

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
There is a metal U-shaped channel which is a trim piece which goes across the top of the seat back. There are also the plastic trim pieces shown by the poster above. I have spares of both, as I changed the 70 seat back to a fold down. PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi im new i dont know how to solve your problem but i want to meet new people so hi im from england and im female im 22 how about you? ;) :: ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts