Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im finalizing my list for my coupe to fastback conversion parts - and since im going to need all new glass, figured i'd update to 70's bolt in style.

I know I can use my current door window regulator and buy a bolt in glass conversion bracket -
Late 69-70 Mustang Door Glass Bracket Kit, RH, Bolt in Style, (After 10/01/1969) [3614FK-MUS] - $146.10 : Champion Mustang, Online shopping for Exterior & Interior Parts, Accessories, Air Conditioning, Resto-Mod & more

but im coming up empty on the quarter window glass for 2 issues

1 - is the regulator the same for a coupe and fastback
2 - if its the same, if someone makes a bolt in glass conversion kit

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also 69 glass is different lengths from 70. You will need 70 front glass and 70 rear glass. The way weather stripping attaches makes the difference. I could be wrong, but I think I’m remembering correct.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sportsroof are hinged and pivots. I’ve never seen any rear roll down sportsroof windows.
oh hahah wow - so it pops out and doesnt roll down! had no idea. that explains why i couldn't find any regulators for it lol.

and good to know - ill make sure to use the same year.

thanks

·
Registered
34,460 Posts
Also 69 glass is different lengths from 70. You will need 70 front glass and 70 rear glass. The way weather stripping attaches makes the difference. I could be wrong, but I think I’m remembering correct.
You are correct if you mean hardtops and convertibles, but 69-70 fastback glass was the same, other than the switch to bolt-on door glass brackets about a month into the 70 model year. The quarter was the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts