Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My customer has had his wife's 69 fastback uncovered in his backyard for 6 months. I asked him if they would consider selling it. He said probably never. I did get him to commit to give me first rights if he ever does. Im looking over the fence at a chow that the owner says only his son can control. I see no visable rust at all. The black paint looks good. It doesnt run. Dont know much more but want to throw a number or range of $ at him. What are your thoughts? Thanks, Joe
P.S. I still need to figure out how to put my mustang pics on cardomain and then post them.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Try this... it works... I know...

Offer to help him "restore" the car.

Tell him it's a shame to let it rot outside and that you feel very strongly he's doing the car an injustice letting it sit and rot.

Offer to help "save" the car by donating your time (and his $$) to restore the car.

... then walk away.... and wait for the call you really want.

I've seen it work many times.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
The other thing you want to know are the basics, such as engine (V8 or 6), if that's important to you. There are many potential problem areas (floors, torque boxes, rockers, frame rails, cowl) that you can't see from looking over a fence that can be a deal killer. I'd try for a closer inspection befoe you get your hopes up too high. Who knows though, you may get lucky and find a CJ, 390, Mach, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey, come on over i might sell my 69 mach,I'll pay for all the material you do the labor and we'll see? Ya right. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts