Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1970 SCJ Sportsroof dark ivy green metallic, 4.30, 4sp, am radio, decor group, slats, wing, folddown
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

scjbob
Registered

1970 SCJ Sportsroof dark ivy green metallic, 4.30, 4sp, am radio, decor group, slats, wing, folddown
Joined Aug 6, 2007
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · a moment ago

I'm reassembling my 70 SCJ and the grommets for the heater hose are very tight. Before I installed the grommets I ran the hoses through the firewall and they were already very tight. I also noticed that the holes flare out into the engine compartment. When the shop replaced my firewall perhaps the aftermarket piece was meant for a 69 since the grommets weren't used until 1970 and the 70 didn't have flared openings. Theres no way these concours hoses will pass through the grommets. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1969 Mach 1 Restomod
575 Posts
Possibly the firewalls may be sold as one and the same or misboxed due to the fact that they are so similar. I think the aftermarket hoods are the same also. My core support for my 69 came with the receptacle for the 70 style hood fasteners. I welded mine up and used regular hood pins, but mine is not a concours restoration either. I guess your level of restoration will be your guide on how to proceed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts