Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my father who works for Bell Co. Road dept(he drives around all day) saw some disc brake spindles laying on the side of the road. Well being the junk collector he is stopped to pick them up. Turns out the suckers are 69 front disc spindles with the Rotors calipers and everything to be bolted up. He took them to our shop and cleaned them up and the rotors have never been turned, but unfortunately the Calipers are stuck as someone had cut the brake line and left them exposed. They have the numbers straight from the book. Original as they come. Soon to be replacing the Granada setup alerady on my car. Just had to share the good news. Heath M

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
What a nice "find". Can anyone tell me what beneifits there are by using 69 spindles instead of granada spindles on a 65? I have read something about a slightly different offset to the front end with the granada. Is this offset for real and how much of a offset is it? I have a set of 69 cougar spindles,calipers,rotors but it might be easier in my case to use some better condition granada equipment. Anyone have the specifics? John

It would be a shame to have passed the test but to have missed the lesson.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the main difference I know about is the 1 inch drop in the Granada spindles other than that I really don't see a difference both of mine I got for free. The price would normally be the other difference

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You mean it lowers the front end of the car 1" because the spindles are offset that much from the originals? Wow, I guess if you use the granadas you must figure that into any suspension mods you have made or are planning. Thanks, John

It would be a shame to have passed the test but to have missed the lesson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts