Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '70 Mustang that I'm doing a BOSS 429 project to. But I really like the '69 front end (Grill,i.e., 4 head lights vs 2 on a '70). Can I just buy the '69 parts and will it bolt in and map up to the '70 fenders? If not, how can I make this work?
Help !:shrug:
Thanks Mark

PS: the BOSS 429 project at link in my signature

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Can't help you on your question, but your project is awesome. I read your write-up about the engine. AWESOME!

·
Registered
35,858 Posts
Some of the structure behind the headlights is different, so you'll have to do some adapting, but it'll fit. You'll have to do some splicing on the wires, though. Use the 70 valence panel.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
it'll bolt up but you may have to use a 69 HL switch to carry the extra amperage for the other two HL buckets. I belive a 69 and 70 switch are year specific even though they will fit in eachothers the harness.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, if I understand correctly.... keep the fenders, buy the front end "stuff" and make it work it. Use same bumper?

Thanks Much, Mark

·
Registered
35,858 Posts
69-70 used the same bumper.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The hood trim on the 70 is a different shape than a 69, different contour on the grille "C" shaped trim on a 69 compared to the 70 headlight trim. I've tried just the opposite, tried to put the 70 headlight housing on a 69 and caused a problem because of the difference in the headlight bulb diameter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts