Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm Logan Kitchen, but my friends call me "Kitch". I'm a software developer living in Utah.

I have a beat up '69 Grande that my Grandpa and I fixed up while I was in high school. I mostly just did what I could to keep it running and looking alright, but slowly it just wore out. It ended up sitting in a lot for about 3 years. Since I finished college last year, I've had a lot more time and means, so I decided to start restoring it again.

I am not too concerned with keeping things original, since I bought it with a lot of modifications done already (and poorly at that). It is going to be more of a "resto-mod". It came stock with a straight 6, so I am going to build a racing long block. There are plenty of v8 'Stangs out there, so I think a long block 6 with some giddyup would be pretty unique.

It needs a big touch-up on paint, a new interior, a lot of electrical work, and possibly a transmission rebuild. Has a brand new engine, and is in the process of a front-end rebuild.

Anyway, looking for some advice and support here on the forum. Should be a blast.

-Kitch

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
I would have never thought the Grande was available with a 6 cylinder engine but apparently that was the base engine. Every one of them I ever saw had a V8- typically the 351.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome Kitch. Put your location in your profile and let's see some pics!

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
64 Posts
Welcome Kitch, where in UT? I’m here too! Love to see pics, sounds like a good project.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,137 Posts
Kitch, welcome to VMF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts