Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all, This is my first posting and I was wondering if there was anyone out there that haqs a GOOD working knowledge of the Grande, I found a one that is a S code, with AT, PB,(disk) A/C PS, tilt steering, I mean this thing has it all, the only problem is, I have 14 years of MUSTANG MONTHLY, and I can't even find a picture of a 390 Grande. I can pick this one up very reasonable, but I have some questions about it's value. Does anyone know of a registry? Or a club or a person that would know.

Thanks,
Diehard FE

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Value is going to depend on condition of the vehicle and geographic location. Typically, at least here in California, the Grande's don't bring much more than a regular coupe. An S code, however would definately bring more, as you don't see too many of them, especially in coupes of any sort. Hard to place any kind of value on it, without knowing more.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,
Thanks for replying to my posting, structurally the car is very sound, there is a small amount of rust in the wheel well in the right quarter, floor pans and cowl are in good shape. BUT no engine and most of the interior is gone as is the left fender and headlight bucket. Everything else is there, all of the 390 brackets , trans, AC, PS, PB ect. Basically the car was bought as a parts car, I had the guy put a hold on it because I hadn't seen an S code Grande before and thought it might be worth putting back together.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
If a coupe is what you want, you won't do much better than a Grande. Grande's are the luxury coupe of the Mustang world with nicer interiors, more sound deadener, a unique rear suspension for a smoother ride, and many of the exterior decor items as standard equipment.

However, in it's present state, I wouldn't pay much of a premium for it. An S-code it may be, but with the 390 absent all you have is a VIN. It will be more expensive to restore than a standard coupe, since you will have to buy all the Grande-specific trim that's missing.

I suggest you get a copy of the Mustang Recognition Guide, see page 153 for a description and pictures, then judge how much of the Grande bits are still on the car. If most of it is missing, I'd price it as a standard coupe.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
In my opinion any saveable Big Block car should be saved.I have never seen an S-Code Grande.I would grab it fast.

·
Registered
858 Posts
was it this 1? lol
1969 FORD MUSTANG Grande Coupe, 99% stock, "S" code 390, C6 auto, power windows, disk brakes, 9" axle, power steering, air, pp, (XG4169), $5800
http://www.recycler.com/img/spot/295536.jpg
saw that on www.recycler.com earlier this mornin'

·
Registered
966 Posts
Boy, that sounds like a great deal! Especially if it's not a rust bucket and everything works!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts