Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are 69 Gt coupes worth these days as a project car, say complete and needing some typical rust repair, but not all out rusty either? 3904V, auto. and as a restored car?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't really know what the value would be. For comparison, I found a '66 Fairlane 2-door hardtop, bench seat, column-shift automatic, 390-2V car, in a similar condition, except no rust. Needed paint and interior and engine detailing, and a few other small things...got it running well enough to drive it the mile home...paid $1000. If cars aren't perfectly restored, I feel like it's really a buyer's market. It's worth whatever the least someone will let you have it for, since it's hard to find any two cars in the same condition for comparison. It can be useful to compare the asking price plus the estimated amount for the work/parts needed to complete it to restored cars, however...but on that car I couldn't help you.

It would be a classy ride, though. Sort of a more subdued alternative to the Mach 1 with most of the sporty attitude.

There's a 1969 GT registry online; maybe they could help.

-Joseph Knight

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I would think that one in fair condition; meaning it may have some rust but is in drivable condition with no major mechanical problems and is fairly complete that you would be looking at around $6k with a 390. If it is a "no. 2" car in very good shape and a typical local or regional show winner I'd say around $18k.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
If it's cheap, buy it. Because if you were looking for a 69 GT coupe, with a 390, nobody will have one, and, if they do, they'll want a lot of money for it...because you want it.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The was a 390 4-speed Grande on ebay a few months back with a cheap paint job that sold for about $12,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts