Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1969 convertible with a 302, Edelbrock heads and C4 . I am wondering about a what kind of headers I should get that will fit well and plan on using Pypes 2.5" X pipe exhaust system. Any suggestions

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 1969 convertible with a 302, Edelbrock heads and C4 . I am wondering about a what kind of headers I should get that will fit well and plan on using Pypes 2.5" X pipe exhaust system. Any suggestions
I have Tri-y's on my 69 convertible with 302 and C4, no X pipe but do have 2.5 pipe. The tri-y's fit up nice and tight to the trans mount. I think an x pipe is going to be difficult and still get the exhaust above the reinforcement plate that goes across the trans tunnel, but with enough effort anything is possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks what brand do you have.
Sorry not much help on a brand name, I installed them back in 2003, do not remember brand but I did get them from a mustang supply house (Mustangs Unlimited) they are no longer around, I do not think they were a name brand.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hedman headers 88400.

These are what I used with my Magnaflow 15819 system. I kind of wished i would have got the 88406, would have looked nicer. But I was on a budget, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts