Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am getting ready to put the front end back together on my '69 Mach 1 and wanted to know if any one has an idea, process or any specs on aiming the headlights. Thanks - Mark

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
Ford Shop Manual should describe it, as should Chilton or Haynes. I know the Osborne electrical assembly manuals also detail the procedure.

·
Registered
501 Posts
IIRC there are two springs in the fender extension that pull the headlight bucket inward and down. Two screws hold the bucket in place against the tension of the springs. One screws adjust the light left and right and the other adjusts in up and down. Trim Rings cover up the adjustment screws. A Level parking spot facing a wall about 10 ft away will give an idea of the lights aim.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jason for the reply. What I'm looking for are dimensions. There was an article in a Mustang magazine a while ago that showed the dimensions on setting the headlights. I should have saved it. It showed how to measure the adjustment off the garage door. I looked in my shop manual and it shows some sort of gadget to put over the headlight to adjust it. I just want the back yard mechanic way with measurements that will be close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts