Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a picture of how original 69 hood pins and lanyards should mount to the radiator support? I'm replacing all the incorrect hardware store bolts under my hood. Thanks

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Just to get a specific response.

When and where was your car assemblied??? :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, Dearborn July 69. I didn't realize it made a difference.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
shadetree said:
Sorry, Dearborn July 69. I didn't realize it made a difference.
You can never tell (so its good practice to add this to your signature or include it in questions here)

This is the way we often discover there is a difference between assembly plants.

Here you go. Have a number of pictures from original cars with the same attachment hardware on late 69 Dearborn Mach I's. Phillips head screw with integrated flat washer - done head in center similar to the ones used to retain the carpet to the floor in front of the bucket seats

·
Registered
481 Posts
Here is a link to a post where I inquired about mine. A pic from bic98gt shows measurements;

Hood Pin Lanyard Location

Jeff, if the hood pin option was deleted at time of order would this show in any report?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks All

I did do a search and saw bic98gt's picture with measurements. Still seemed to be a some debate on hood pin lanyards. I just replaced my radiator support and a bunch of other sheet metal and wanted to be sure before drilling holes.

Thanks for the picture Jeff, I polished and reused my old pins which have a more pointed tip similar to your picture, as opposed to the blunt round top pins in the Ford Motorsport kit. But I used the rest of the Motorsport kit.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
AussieMach said:
Here is a link to a post where I inquired about mine. A pic from bic98gt shows measurements;
Does anyone know where the car was built? We've found allot of differences between plants

AussieMach said:
Jeff, if the hood pin option was deleted at time of order would this show in any report?
It should as other deleted items have been listed on other Marti reports as a standard practice

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
shadetree said:
...........Still seemed to be a some debate on hood pin lanyards. ........
This might be a result of the fact that allot of owner replaced the lanyards on their cars in the late 70's early 80's. SO allot of "original" ones owners are seeing on cars and in "NOS" form are not the same as original

Just an opinion. The ones in the picture appear not to have been replaced or like the service replacements

1 - 8 of 8 Posts