Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking to reinstall my A/C box on my Mach 1, I realized it was to bad to repair. I finally found a 70 Grande that had A/C,and all the vents, ducts, and lower dash panels that I need. My car was missing these when I dragged it home. My problem is that I do not want to break anything on the dash but I cant get the lower panel around the ash tray off. I have taken all the screws loose I can see but it it still seems to be hung in the center at the front. Is there any trick to getting this off?This should be real easy but I cannot seem to get it loose. I dont really want to crawl in there on my head as the car has been sitting in the edge of this field for more than 10 yrs and that is a prime spot for our big fat North Fl. rattlesnakes. The car is about 25 miles from home so quick trips to it usually ruin at least a couple of hours. I hate to just start taking every bolt in sight loose because I dont want to break anything. Any insight from you would be appreciated. The sooner I get some of these projects looking good, the sooner I might can post some pics.
Thank you again, Tommy

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by tombob on 04/07/01 06:29 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm can't help on removing the lower dash, but wanted to mention one thing. Didn't the 70 have the ingintion switch in the steering column?? I too want to replace my lower dash, but found a 70 with the ignition in the column. I was told they were all like that and to keep an eye out for just a 69.

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The A/C box is my main goal I just cant seem to get to it. I have the lower METAL dash, but the plastic pieces I do not. Thanks for the info, though. I did not know that. Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts