Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've removed all the screws I can see but it still won't come off. Any ideas? Tks

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the panel and bezel all one unit? I didn't want to take the gauges out, just the bezel.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
It's all one unit. Easier to do if you take the dash pad off, then you can see the backside of the bezel. Gauges attach to bezel then, bezel attaches to dash. Be careful with speedo cable, and wiring harness plug.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
As tiggermom said you need to pull the dash pad. There are two screws, one in each lower corner of the bezel and two more are the top with metal brackets. Remove those and it will come out, but be carefull of the speedo cable, plug harness and the brake light, which is independent of the harness and also must be removed.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
just a question - do you have a set of the 69 Factory Ford Shop Manuals??? many of these types of procedures are outlined in specific detail the proper procedure for removing and reinstalling components.....

randy

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have the shop manuals, hence the question to the forum... tks for the heads up..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts