Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am thinking of buying a set of deluxe door panels from Matt at Ponderosa Mustang, can anyone out there tell me what they look like and how they fit?
Thanks Al

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are they originals or reproductions?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The repo ones he sells.
Al

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ordered the repo ones also, and they are only OK, the originals are much better. I threw my original ones away when I ordered the repos and I wish I had not, I would have sent my originals away to be redone.

The repos are plastic, and they are not that thick. You have to cut out the light in the door location, and cut out the door handle cup, which is the metal thing about 8 inches long that mounts on the door for your door handle. Cutting that out was a chore, and then you have to secure them in there somehow, I think I used a screw, but they are not that tight. Plus, nothing ever seems to fit right with repo stuff, they are always a little different, and you have to make them fit. But, it is a much cheaper alternative.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok then does anyone know who does a really good job of restoring my orginal door panels.
Thanks Al

·
Registered
971 Posts
I know there is some one out there that
will do them.
I did my own and they turned out IMO as good as anything i could have had done by some one else.
It wasn't that hard and it took me less than 3 hrs for both door.
The learning curve took about a an so it was realy a 2 hr deal.
I can tell you what i did if you care to, let me know.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
they are shorter than the originals (1/2" i think) therefore getting a beltline w/s to fit is impossible. trimming the stainless is a pain in my rear! talked to dashes direct and they said it is only on the 69's, well i got the 70s and they are the same. plus they blamed it on the fact that canadian doors are shorter?!?! whatever...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts