Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
A few years ago I committed the sin of buying a car partially disassembled. ..now I'm getting close to putting it back together and am wondering if anyone has or knows where I can see a diagram of the dash pad heater control installation? Anyone able to talk me through the steps? Do I need to install the radio first? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rob.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don’t have a diagram but do the radio after. Take the bezel off. The control is only 2 or 4 screws (don’t remember the number been a while). It has one plug that goes to it, a light which I find pops out on mine, and the cables. Still actually pretty simple, not so much with the radio in the way. If it was an AC car then there’s a whole mess of vacuum lines that go to it......

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Many have made that sin...I would install the heater controls BEFORE the radio. My 69 was pretty straight forward (it was intact ahead of the replacement though). You have the cover already own where the heater controls go. that will need to come off first.

Allen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all. After looking at it further I think it's pretty straight forward thanks for the input to install heater controls first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts