Vintage Mustang Forums banner
81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Whose system did you go with?
This set up is from JL fabrication. They build the motor plate and it looks like they use a lot of Summit and Carquest parts. Not too bad I’m going to fix some of the hardware and spacers that I don’t like. I like it because it’s very compact doesn’t take up a lot of room.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I named the car long term since I plan to do the whole boat anchor rehab with this high value car. I don't expect there will be many updates quickly, since I really want the car right and solid.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I named the car long term since I plan to do the whole boat anchor rehab with this high value car. I don't expect there will be many updates quickly, since I really want the car right and solid.
Where have I heard that before?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Work continues at a steady pace. The fuel injection is in place on the engine, the wiring for it cut through the firewall, radiator mounts are installed, and drive belt.
This is cool!

·
Super Moderator
11,227 Posts
I purchased and watched the Bad Shoe video several times and then tacked my FMX myself. It actually worked when I was done but my makeshift fix for the replacement front band did not. I sent the original band out for re-lining, pulled the trans, replaced the front band, put it all back together and now the trans is working great!
View attachment 736637 View attachment 736638 View attachment 736639 View attachment 736640
Yes, Ken @ Bad Shoe is a great instructor.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Nice progress, looks like your moving along at a pretty steady pace.
Thanks! It feels very slow, but I hope to have the engine running and be able to turn the car around to finish the rear metal work within a month

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Battery cables, main fuses, alternator, and fan relays are in. I decided until I see how things work I will run the fans at full speed, and add the fan controller later if needed. The AAW wiring system has been very good to this point.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts