Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's back and the A/C is finally fixed, for those of you following the saga. Just completed a rotisserie restoration on this Indian Fire Red, Mach 1, “S” Code (390). Over $32K invested in every part of either new repro or rebuilt/refinished original components, not NOS parts. The car was built as a street driven concourse show car with MCA specifications used as a benchmark. The following is a list of what was performed and specific details on pictures and receipts:

•Have all receipts, an Excel Spreadsheet documenting receipts, Kevin Marti report, and restoration pictures from beginning to end, many more pictures available upon request. Pictures can be viewed on my gallery; http://photos.mustangsbymike.com/1969-Mach-1-Indian-Fire-Red As friend and long time Mustang restorer said, the pictures don’t do it justice. Spreadsheet, Kevin Marti Report and Pictures are also on CD and will be provided to the buyer.
•Originally ordered 02/28/69 from Jim Clay Ford, Atlanta, GA., built 03/18/69 in Dearborn and sold 03/28/69. I purchased the car April, 2002 in Charlotte, N.C. from a person who lost interest in restoration.
•The specifications are; 390 4V (rebuilt/blueprinted & balanced @ 59,434 original miles) with all the correct matching number “S” code parts. However, the block is not original to the car, but correct.
•The C6 transmission was completely rebuilt with a new torque converter.
•The rear differential was rebuilt, with new axle bearings, seals and internal bearings. It was upgraded from a 3.00 open carrier to a 3.00 Track Lok.
•The drive shaft has been rebuilt/balanced and detailed with correct paint stripes markings.
•The rear springs, front coils, upper/lower control arms, inner/outer tie rod ends, are all new and detailed again with correct markings.
•The paint is the original color Indian Fire red, Base Coat/Clear Coat with the correct hood and hood scoop black out. Has turn signal hood scoop. Someone along the line cut the hood under the scoop for an aftermarket air cleaner. The car does have the correct air cleaner, heat shield and “S” tube now. But with the hood open you can see the hole cutout.
•Interior is White Clarion Knit Vinyl-Mach 1 Hi-Back Bucket Seats, Dark Teak dash and door panels, Black Carpet with Black inserts. Everything is new or restored to original, Dash Bezels were plastic chromed by Mr. “G’s” Plastic Chrome. Clock works, as do all components. Has a rebuilt center console, AM radio, Seat Belts restored by Ssnake Oyl and has AC. The heater and AC have both been rebuilt with new cores, condenser, dryer and hoses, blows very cold.
•Have 5 new correct style steel wheels, trim rings, center caps, with BF Goodrich 215-70R14 Radial TA’s.
•Power Steering, Power Brake Booster with Disc Brakes are all rebuilt and detailed with correct markings. All fan belts, radiator hoses and heater hoses are new and have correct markings/clamps.
•Rear glass has a minor scratch and some of the drip rail moldings and passenger side vertical molding on the window are scratched or have minor dents
•The NADA price guide puts this car at; $40,365. According to the NADA guide this car ranks at the top of the scale.
•Rust amounted to partial rear floor pans being replaced, bottom corners of both doors were repaired, with welding-not bondo, quarters at the rear edge of the wheel opening were also welded, again no bondo. Somewhere along the line the left front portion of the fender apron has been replaced, but VIN# portion of the apron was not touched.
Asking $32,500 or best offer . If you have experience with Concourse restored cars, then you know the value of one done correctly and this car is right. I have an enclosed trailer and am willing to deliver the car anywhere in the Continental US, I would only ask the buyer to split my round trip cost.
•You can contact via email; [email protected], call @ 303 646-2810 prior to 9:00 p.m. MDT or FAX 303 646-3214

G

·
0 Posts
hey if this hasnt sold on the auction site, get back to me and maybe we can work something out, it looks like a great car. whats the auction site also, and you can email me at [email protected] thanx jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts