Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I has been brought to my attention that ford made a color change in the middle of the 69 model year (darker-to-lighter?) on the fake woodgrain inserts. My mach has interior code 3AA (April 69 build date) is this the dark or the light woodgrain? What color are repops & C9ZZ service parts? Is anybody repopping the radio bezels I need one?

·
Registered
655 Posts
You can get either the reproduction woodgrain bezel or just the woodgrain decal at most Mustangs stores. Mail order places like Mustang Unlimited, National Parts Depot, and California Mustang also carry them. I've seen repop bezels in lighter color, but decals in both shades. Sorry I don't know if your car would have the lighter or darker color.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I just learned that the two styles are "walnut" and "teak". I would assume the teak is the lighter color. I am going to the Mustangs Northwest mustang show next weekend so I should be able to figure out which color I need..

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Jeff
Check out CJ Pony Parts & NPD, they bot list the radio bezel.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
With an April 69 build date, I believe your car should have the walnut. IIRC, the change was made somewhere in the November '68 to January '69 timeframe, so the cars with teak are less common.

BTW, my car has teak if you want to compare from pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts