Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
spent the day putting the front grill and front chrome moldings on the front of the Mach. Got all the peices in except the L & R Narrow Moldings on. What kind of clips go in these to attach them. These are like a thin C looking chrome trim to finish off the front. Been boggling my brain all day on how these attach. Is there a spring clip that slides in the inside channel and snap into the 4 holes on each side? I have the bottom chrome peice in and know I will have to loosen it once I slide each side under the ends of the center molding. That one bolts in with special clips aI got with it but did not get any clips with the L & R narrow grill molding.

Anyone know how thse are attached and if anyone has a pic of the clips I need or part number for it? Its all installed except for these 2 c looking peices. Its the ones that line up with the front hood chrome molding on each side.

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
It is a spring clip that slides into the channel that has a stud attached to it. The stud will go thru the holes in question and a nut goes on the backside. The top one is a PITA, but it can be done.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Forgot, you should see two of the holes on each side are bigger than the others, a plastic rivet goes in those to hold the wide mouldings on, which I'm guessing you already have installed.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had some extra spring clips with the stud attached left over from the bottom chrome peice but the channels in the 2 side peices are too wide for these to work. I guess they make special ones for the side chrome grill molding as the channel is much wider then the bottom peice is that correct? or are they all the same size.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot, you should see two of the holes on each side are bigger than the others, a plastic rivet goes in those to hold the wide mouldings on, which I'm guessing you already have installed.
Have not done that as the 2 bigger hole I thought would hold the narrow molding on and the 2 holes that are covered up with the wide channel molding that has 2 hole slots maybe get screwed in seperate?

The reason I am not sure as to how this goes is because the car came with out the molding attached so I have no idea as to install it as I did not take it off. It would be easier if I had taken it off myself but its different then my 68's.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
The center trim and the sides should be the same size. When I did mine I went to the local paint supply house, they also have moulding clips. I took the moulding in with me and they matched up a clip for it. They are studs on the clips though and do get a small nut on the back, IIRC the clip had a small wire on it to help hold it in place until the nut was tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts