Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did '69 mach 1's with white interior come with plain white hiback seats and no stripe on the seats? My upholstery looks original and doesn't have the stripe, but I just wondered as I have seen replacement white seat covers in the catalogs offered with and without stripes.

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
well i know that in 1970 you could get white seats with a white stripe.... probabily the same... in 69..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, they did come with white stripe, but also came with a red stripe. The difference depended on what the exterior stripe or color was. Mine is all white on a Winter Blue w/ black stripe.

·
Registered
766 Posts
The difference depended on what the exterior stripe or color was. Mine is all white on a Winter Blue w/ black stripe.
Well if that's the case surely a Candy Apple red car with gold stripe and white interior would have red insert, right, I still believe in '69 a white interior had a white stripe ;)

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
No claims but here is what I could find in the collection ;)

And only one may have been redone ... its the Al's ex-Shelby convertible that was all NOS

From 9T02M2082xx

From 9F02R481xxx

From 9R02R131xx

From 9R02R1810xx again not sure of the history lokks nice

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mr Speegle None of the Shelby convertibles had the The red stripe, since convertibles couldn't have the Mach interior. At least thats what I was told when I had a 69 350 convertible.

Larry

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Wow Larry, MR Speegle ;)

Yes of course you are correct and that could also be
said for any convertible so I removed those from the post above and added one odd set of white seats with the red. The first few are easy to see original. Can't be sure for the nicer ones

·
Registered
766 Posts
From 9R02R1810xx again not sure of the history lokks nice
Hey jeff, (Mr Speegle) that vin is soooo close too mine, any chance you could let any information that may relate to my car, eg: special paint or something ; )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts