Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to order some new molding for the front of my 69 Mustang and not sure what is what. I have a hood molding and a lower molding and I'm not sure where they go. Does the smaller of the two go on the hood?

G

·
well, speaking in terms of "size" the molding that goes on the hood is larger than the lower molding.

The lower molding attaches to the stone deflector (i think that's what it's called) molding. And the hood molding of course attaches with studded clips through the holes on the lip of the hood.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jesse

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The hood moldings have capped ends and the lower grill molding have open ends. The repo hood moldings are pure garbage. Don't buy a repo one. The repo lower grill moldings made with the Ford tooling are real nice.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I second the sentiment from manyc... don't waste your money on a repro hood lip molding. I bought one from NPD and it had all the structural integrity of tinfoil. Look for good used or NOS... just save one for me! ::

Doug

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I have a good hood molding, the other smaller one has a bid dent in it. Now does the one that goes on the hood just have the studs with the wire springs on them?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's like Jesse said in his post, they have little clips with studs sticking out on the back... these can be adjusted to match the location of the holes in the hood lip by sliding in the channel on the back of the molding. Hope this helps.

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts