Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the way the 69 mustang hood scoop that has the turn signals looks. Has anyone ever installed the bolt on 69 mustang hood scoop on a 66 mustang hood. If so did it bolt on flush or did you have to modify it

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,953 Posts
Dusting off tired memory cells.

Yes, 1972, I did this. I bought a fender, Hood, scoop, etc. off a 1965 for $25. The scoop was off a 1969.

I cut a hole in the perfect hood in addition to the bolt holes so it would "flow". The only issue I had was trying to glass the hood scoop to the hood. I always had cracking due to vibration.

It lasted 9 years til that car was totalled, and the scoop journeyed off to another Mustang.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dusting off tired memory cells.

Yes, 1972, I did this. I bought a fender, Hood, scoop, etc. off a 1965 for $25. The scoop was off a 1969.

I cut a hole in the perfect hood in addition to the bolt holes so it would "flow". The only issue I had was trying to glass the hood scoop to the hood. I always had cracking due to vibration.

It lasted 9 years til that car was totalled, and the scoop journeyed off to another Mustang.
any old pics?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
i toyed with the idea a few months back, not bolted down, but you get the idea

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Looks a lot like^^^^^^
I used a bolt on CJ scoop I bought from a place in Florida. They supplied a thin rubber gasket to close any gaps and make it look "finished" Looked nice to me.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have a friend with a 69 whose scoop looks noticeably bigger because he didn't put the grill in it. BTW, you may need a gasket to make it appear to fit better on another year (I don't know), but I do know that the 69s don't have one.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Not a fan...,

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like it and never thought about the gasket aspect. I happen to have an old trashed 66 hood laying around so I guess I will mount the scoop to it and see how everything works out.

Thank you everyone for your input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts