Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaks my heart to do this, but considering selling my ’69 Indian Fire Red S Code 4spd Mach to make way for some new toys. This car had sat in a field in Central TX since 1977 before I bought it in ’02. Car is almost all original (#’s matching motor / tranny – missing orig. intake, air cleaner, carb and distributor) and is more than half-way through a full restoration. The motor was rebuilt (.30 over) with only mild upgrades including Edelbrock RPM cam / RPM alum. intake / MSD Pro-Billet FE distributor / MSD 6-AL / Blaster coil / Holley 750 carb / 3 angle valve grind and hardened seats on original heads / etc. New harmonic balancer, radiator, dual exhaust, power booster, clutch, fuel tank, pump and lines. Car runs very strong, and will get sideways in 3rd gear. I’m not sure of the rear gear, but it's not too low as it rides just fine at highway speeds. Power disc brakes, non ps / non ac car (have both an ac dash with controls / vents and a power steering setup less the pump that I could include).

After I got the car running and mechanically squared away, I had 99% of the rust repaired (there’s 1 small hole on the inner qtr. drop panel ~ I have the piece, just never put it in). Car was mostly rust free to begin with, but the d/s lower quarter was patched, d/s floorpan and seat riser replaced (floor still needs minor touch up and grind before carpet), and the p/s got a doorskin b/c of a wavy dent, not a collision. The quarters and roof have been blocked and primered and are in great shape. It needs very little more prep before it’s ready for paint. All glass is there and good, as well as the wiring and trim. I have the front bumper, brackets, and a nice rear valance not shown in the pics for the car as well.

Options on the car were a floor console, tach/clock dash, non-functioning hood scoop, rim-blow steering wheel, and fold down rear seat. This car has a pretty rare color combo as well (Indian fire red with white interior). Not a 428 car, but all in all a nice, solid, original big block four speed Mach that will be well worth the $ to restore. The car still needs final prep and paint, as well as interior and detail work. I have new rear seat covers for it, and it has a new dash pad in it already. I also installed new leaf springs, new shocks, and have new coil springs for it. Car is sitting on Welds now, but I have the original 14” GT styled steel wheels that will go with it. Also have an original rear spoiler with hardware that I can include at the asking price.

Car shows no sign of any prior collision damage. I've been watching S-Codes on ebay for the past few years and have seem some fully restored ones fetching up to $60K and even higher on Barrett Jackson. Rust buckets alone are bringing $10-$15K. This one still needs work, but in my opinion this is an all around rare original with the hard work done that you can enjoy while restoring your way at your pace. Thought I would list here and a few other boards before sending to ebay. Asking $25K for it as-is, and I’m not desperate to get rid of it. I have a Marti report and clear title in my name. Pics can be seen at http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/contango / , and I have some additional ones for serious folks. Car is in Houston, TX. Thanks for looking. Steve 713-823-9788 / [email protected]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts