Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all!

I'm in need of your valued opinion. I have been out of the vintage Mustang circuit for a long time, and would like to know what you think a good price would be to sell a 1969 Mustang Convertible. It's not my car, but the owner is a little niave when it comes to how much of a demand there is for older Mustangs. It was given to him to hold as collateral when he did some work for someone and they couldn't pay. It's been garaged a long time. I don't think he cares about making a lot of money off it, just enough to cover the debt the other person owes him. Title etc. all clean and ready. Let me tell you a little about it:

1. 1969 Mustang Convertible - 59k original miles, straight 6. The entire car is original...no body parts replaced, no bondo...nothing. There are no dents or scratches or anything and no rust...it's just in need of a bath and tune-up, and there's a bit of 'play' in the stick (automatic, not manual). There are no rips or anything in the interior that I know of...mostly cosmetic. One could probably replace inside carpet and maybe the door panel...things like that.

It is regular steering and brakes...nothing power unless you count your arm as power...elbow grease, but like I said, it's in great condition. I took it for a drive, and it's good...just needs a serious tune-up. It has 'collector' plates on the back...not that that matters though.

Anyway, he was asking $7,500 when I talked to him but was willing to go down to $7,000. I cannot buy it because I have advanced cancer and am too sick to do much of anything, but I'm positive if he tried, he could easily get 12k to 15k out of it...double what he's asking.

I only have photos of the outside for now, but the engine looks like a 1969 weared engine...a little rust on engine parts that always rust, but nothing serious. No rust on body or underneath that I know of. Besides the carpet, the inside could use a little work, but nothing serious...no torn seats etc. It's kind of loud. I don't remember how loud my old 1966 was, so I cannot compare. Perhaps a hole in the muffler? I don't know.

check out the photos and if you could let me know what you think as far as asking price goes, or any other suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
69mustangside1v2.jpg 69mustangside2v1.jpg 69mustangside1v2.jpg 69mustangside2v1.jpg 69mustangbackv1.jpg 69mustangsiderear.jpg 69mustangfrontrims.jpg
69mustangside1v2.jpg
69mustangside2v1.jpg
69mustangbackv1.jpg
69mustangsiderear.jpg
69mustangfrontrims.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,817 Posts
That car should easily sell for $15000 unless there's something hidden that I can't see. Those tires will need to be replaced. I bet they are at least 30 years old.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
A flipper would be happy to buy that at $7K, and the sell it for something north of $12K. I'd even leave it as it is, 6 cylinder and all.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I agree with the prior comments. Unless he needs cash fast, lst it at $15k.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is a spectacular looking survivor - I personally would have to believe it will be close to $20K. NADA low retail is $15K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts