Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for you 69 Mach 1 folks. My car is at the body shop almost ready for color. I am thinking of having the tailight panel sprayed flat black. I have seen some Mach's painted this way and others, as mine was, body color. Did some come from the factory in flat black and others in body color? Also does anyone have a picture of their panel in flat black you could send me so we can see where the black stops and where the color starts. My body man gave me a few different ideas, just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Mine was painted flat black at some point. I think it was done as a dealer add on. IIRC only Boss 302's came from the factory with blacked out taillight panels. Now that being said I think it looks good and if you want I can get a pic of mine and send it to you. It will be sometime tomorrow before I can get one. Just let me know.

·
Registered
971 Posts
My Tail panel is flat black , not sure who painted it but I have been told it's not from the factory.
That being said I like the way it looks and have no intention of ever changing it.
I have seen several 69 Mach 1 and the one's with the blacked out panel look a lot sharper then the one's that are not.

Gary

·
Registered
910 Posts
Mine is painted the same color as the car. I think it looks "cleaner". I think whatever you choose will look fine. Best way to make the choice is to look and compare pictures and see what looks good to you.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
The 69 Boss 302's came with the tail light panels and the inside of the headlight extensions blacked out. I think it looks fine on the Boss but it is kind of guilding the lily on a Mach 1 or stock SportsRoof. The Mach's blackout hood is plenty of black paint for one car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts