Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the e-brake, brake assembly and acc. pedal all removed. I am wanting to clean them up and paint them. What would the correct color be? I think the top half was natural and the bottom half gloss black. Any Idea what type of rattle can paint would do the job?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
First the accelerator pedal is all natural and the others are as you stated natural on top and satin black on the lower portion. I used Eastwood Detail grey for the acc. and upper portion of the pedals. Someone posted a comparision not long ago of different Krylon and Rustoleum products. I believe they said the Rustoleum Professional (the big cans) "Stainless Steel" #7519 was a good match to the detail grey.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Gas pedal: natural
E-brake:
assembly = natural
pedal = dipped in semi-gloss black up to where it meets the assembly
release lever bracket = dipped in semi-gloss black at an angle so that there is a small triangular natural area natural at the very end.

Pedal Support = natural (but ford service replacements were black)
Brake pedal = dipped in semi-gloss black to just below pivot point.

For natural finish, I just bead blast the parts and clear coat them with a satin clear. Note: if you have a parking brake warning light (just below the ignition) you have to make sure that the ground strap that bolts to the e-brake assembly touches bare metal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts