Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 with a 302. The power steering hose braket was missing and I am having problems attaching the hoses to the frame. Does someone have some experience with this, or can someone send a picture of how the hoses are suppose to be. Also, is there a problem using after market hoses? They seem to be to short. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You definitely need the bracket, but it's easy enough to get. It's too easy for the hoses to go where they don't need to be without it. Check out any of the Mustang houses, and you'll find it there. Since you have to order the bracket, get the hoses, too. IIRC, I got all of it from Mustangs Plus - inexpensive, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the bracket, but I think it may be the wrong one. It does not seem to fit correctly. Is it possible you can send a picture of how yours is connected. Thanks. By the way, the car looks great!!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The brackets are all different. The 69 is a u-shaped channel that has a tab on one end that fits into a hole on the crossmember. The other end is held to crossmember by a bolt. There is a rubber insulator that fits into the u, and holds the hoses tightly. I wish I could send a picture, but I don't have the ability to do it right yet. The car is at the exhaust shop. There is a picture of the setup in a catalog from one of the Mustang houses that is straight out of the Ford repair manual. But, I'd think it would be available on the internet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the repley. That is the bracket I have, but I am having trouble in determining where the braket attaches to the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Post your e-mail in your profile and I will send you a picture I recieved awhile back. Or you can pm me your e-mail.

Ductman

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If you have a NPD catalog, it has the same Ford drawing in their pages with p/s parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts