Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 mustang with a 302 that I rebuilt that needs a paint job and it will be finished and my friend has a 67 fastback that also needs a paint job. I like the 67's more or I wouldn't be asking this question but which one is the popular vote, I am considering an even trade. I have more money in mine buthe paid less for his car.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
If they are in comparable condition and similarly equipped, it's really just a question of body style preference. The CPI guide places a higher value on the '67 fastback in Good condition ($8175) than it does on a similar '69 Sportsroof ($6300), so unless your SportsRoof is a Mach 1 or GT an even trade for the '67 probably favors you..

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I love the looks of 69/70 sprtsroofs a lot more than 67's

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
go with the 67 they made a whole lot more 69/70 fastbacks than 67s. i also like the look of the 67/68 more

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate your opinions I think I am going to go for the 67 if he still wants to trade. And by the way I did not do a search Sharkmouth because I want opinions of the mustang owners of today not yesterday.Thanks again to you that answered my question.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Both are slick, but I've got to go with the '67. Reminds me of a '68 FB chasing a Charger in San Francisco.......

·
Registered
792 Posts
I am partial to the 69/70 fb, but if you are doing a resto, the parts for a 67 are way cheaper than for a 69/70. The resto parts for the later years get expensive.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i like the 69-70 better.......but hey it's your call

1 - 12 of 12 Posts