Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good '69 tilt/tilt away column, but am missing the vacuum valve/switch, and actuator - which are not reproduced anywhere from what I can see. Please drop me a PM if you have either of these items and would be willing to sell. I would also be interested in a good wiring harness too if you have it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The part number for the vacuum valve is: C8SZ-13B064-A. NOS Parts Source in Olathe, KS 913-220-5746 shows that they may have one in stock. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the message, but I am pretty sure that is the check valve that goes under the hood, which is also reproduced. I am needing the actuator & valve mechanism that mount to the steering column itself. These are the two components that activate and pull the cable on the steering column that release the tilt-away feature, and seem to be pretty hard to find.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Tilt parts

You might check with West Coast Cougars. They list a lot of tilt parts and repair the columns according to their U tube video.

·
Registered
141 Posts
69 Tilt

I have a good '69 tilt/tilt away column, but am missing the vacuum valve/switch, and actuator - which are not reproduced anywhere from what I can see. Please drop me a PM if you have either of these items and would be willing to sell. I would also be interested in a good wiring harness too if you have it. Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I can't help. I just sold mine to a guy in Nebraska. LOL

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might check with West Coast Cougars. They list a lot of tilt parts and repair the columns according to their U tube video.
Thanks for the suggestion, and yes, I have already contacted them. They can fully repair these tilt columns, and I plan to send my column to them to go through it when I find all the pieces. Unfortunately though, they have trouble finding the parts I am needing too, and prefer to do a core replacement, or restore/fix these specific components.

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Thanks a lot for the message, but I am pretty sure that is the check valve that goes under the hood, which is also reproduced. I am needing the actuator & valve mechanism that mount to the steering column itself. These are the two components that activate and pull the cable on the steering column that release the tilt-away feature, and seem to be pretty hard to find.
None of those parts mount to the steering column in a 68 or 69 they bolt onto a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the metal dash near the steering column... on it there is a relay, vacuum motor, and actuator , vacuum lines with a green and white strip
the 68 bracket is differs from a 69 bracket

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
None of those parts mount to the steering column in a 68 or 69 they bolt onto a bracket that mounts to the bottom of the metal dash near the steering column... on it there is a relay, vacuum motor, and actuator , vacuum lines with a green and white strip
the 68 bracket is differs from a 69 bracket
Thanks for the clarification on the mounting point, and mis-typed - you are correct. Here is a picture of the assembly, and valve is shown on the back of the bracket connected to the actuator with a hose.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts