Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you adjust the windows on a 69 forward and backwards? The problem I have is that the passenger side is not going all the way up to the quarter window. It's too far forward about a quarter inch. How can I adjust it, or can I?
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I don't recall a front and back adjustment for the side windows. Has the window always (in your memory) been like this or did it change recently? If it's always been that way then it could mean that someone re-glued the window back into the brackets and got them too far back on the glass. OR....could the brackets that grab the two guide bars be on backwards? If the window is an even 1/4" gapped then it's probably one of the above. If it is a tapering gap then maybe you can adjust it by moving the front and rear height adjustments in opposite directions (gapped wider at the bottom then raise the rear and lower the front, etc.) Don't ya just hate those stupid glue in windows?

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Another possibility would be broken posts, or missing bushings in the "C" clamps that go around the posts. The bushings are little nylon thingies that just press into the 4 "C" clamps.

How's the play in them? If they bounce around a lot, you probably have broken posts. 3 out of the 4 in my sportsroof were broken. They're easily re-welded, though.

I agree with Ragtop on no adjustments for moving the window fore and aft.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just went through the door, and there's no broken posts. I think the assumption that the window was re-glued at some point is the correct one. The window is solid, but still is not back far enough. I guess I'll have to convert to 70 bolt in glass. What a flea bath!
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts