Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1967 Mustang coupe
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I have the 2.83 in my 7 1/4 since i have the C4 tranny. I'm looking to bump up to 3.20 if anyone has one laying around.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion of where to look besides Craigslist, I'd appreciate it.

PM me =)

Edit: it's a 67 200ci

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Check out any trashed/Parts Car Convertibles for that gear ratio as lots of Convertibles came with the 3.20 Gear Ratio. I should know, I have two of them..in both my '65 and '66 Convertibles.

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Premium Member
1967 Mustang coupe
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can have mine if you can wait for me to rip it out. It's a 67 I-6 Auto. Just don't know how long it will be before I can remove it.

That would be awesome. I'll be around until December =)
I'm in no hurry to swap out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If you're waiting, you might want to verify that it is the gear ratio you are looking for instead of the same ratio you currently have.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Anyone have a list of the ratios available for the 7.25 rear.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
The 3L50.... Is that a Posi-Rear for 6 cyl ???!??

Tony K.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Thought so. Curious, what Year and Vehicle was it originally pulled out of???!???

Tony K.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
From the dimensions it would have to be from a 64-64 comet/falcon or a 64.5-66 mustang 6 cylinder manual trans as it has the small yoke on the differential. it was long pulled when i got it, previous owner had intended to put it in a 65 6 cylinder vert he was planning on converting to a dagenham 4speed. project never got completed and i got some of the parts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts