Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can someone tell me if the shroud for 70 351C is different than 71-73. Or for that matter, different than Torino etc. Also, I think a/c and non a/c are different but not sure. I promised an old friend I would find one for his sons car. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I can't tell you if its different from a '71-73, but it also depends on the size of the radiator (24" on M codes and H codes w/ AC, 20" on H-Code w/o A/C). If a 24", D0ZE-A or E, if a 20", D0ZE-B. There is a guy selling a constant stream on if you get desparate.

Carl

·
Registered
680 Posts
The '70 Mustang has a standard flow, but in '71 they were converted to cross folw. The difference is the '70 had the tank on the top of the radiator, and the '71 and newer had the tanks on the sides of the radiator. They will not interchange from these cars. As stated before, you need a 24" shroud for an air conditioned, or big block car...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
It has been a while, but I have gotten two different shrouds off of '70 - '71 Torinos that would fit a '71 Mustang. If you find a Torino with a 351 or 428-429 it should fit.
I think the Torino big block models and the 351 models with air had the correct shroud to fit a '71 Mustang, but I am not sure. One of the shrouds for Torinos and Mustangs had the same part #.
I can't help you on a '70 Mustang, but going by the difference in radiators, I doubt that the shrouds would swap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts