Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to hook up my Accelerator cable to my demon carb. Stock bracket attaches to the rear LH and RH carb studs.
The problem is with a double pumper the bracket will not go under the rear float bowl to attach to the Pass. side rear carb stud due to the additional Accel. Pump for the rear. Is there an aftermarket bracket that will accept the 1970 type accel. cable or am I forced to modify my current bracket.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I've seen many of those brkts hacked up just for that reason. I don't know if someone makes something now for that or not. Maybe keep your original and get a repo brkt to cut up?

G

·
0 Posts
I too have a Speed Demon carb. I junked the stock bracket cause I didn't like the way it fit or looked. I bought a Lokar stainless steel bracket and cable with double stainless steel springs. It required a little modification where the cable attaches to the accelerator pedal but it looks much nicer and works flawlessly. Do you want a few pictures?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have a 750Demon on the 460. I used the stock 302 bracket that I had off my old motor. It is the one that bolts to the back of the intake on the driver side. It is an "L" bracket with the cut-out for the throttle cable in the top.....I guess your intake has the 2 holes drilled and tapped in this spot (don't know much about Clevelands)...I think I have an extra bracket, if you need it.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had this same problem. The bracket wouldn't fit right, and when I finally put it on, it wouldn't hold (it would slide around) and the gas pedal was way to high. The bracket I found is one of those that fits on all four studs under the carb (or spacer if you have pumps in th way) and has an arm that goes back diagonally. I still had to modify this bracket to make the pedal height right, but it works great.
-Brain

1 - 5 of 5 Posts