Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted a message a while back about exhaust for a 70 cobrajet. As some of you probably know the company that was making this exhaust system is no longer in business. Another company has stepped in to fill the void and this new system is now being offered for Boss and Cobrajet cars. Has anyone tried one of these systems on either a Boss or Cobrajet car. The systems are being offered from Branda and Glaziers. Mine STILL does not fit and its been 8 weeks now and I am starting to lose my patience. The makers of the exhaust system say the problem is that I am using the after market hangers ( also from Branda ) which seem to be about an inch shorter then the originals. What really gets me is that the passenger side fits perfect but the driver side hits the floor in front of the trunk area. The manufacturer is trying to get me a set of longer hangers , but I fear this will not solve my problem. So , PLEASE , if you have tried this exhaust , or know someone who has , I would really appreciate some feedback. Seems Branda has been selling them and no one has complained, I dont get it.

Marc

70 SCJ R-CODE MACH 1
88 GT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you elaborate? Has it been your personal experience or some one you know ? Was this recently or a while back ? I ask because these systems are new and your experience may be with the older system. I was hoping that I might be able to find someone who has purchased this newer system and had problems with it so that I might have more ammunition in dealing with the manufacturer.

70 SCJ R-CODE MACH 1
88 GT

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would like to know what you come up with. I have looked at their system and it looked pretty good. I haven't yet sold any since we are just changing over now. It is to my advantage to have this settled in advance of stocking them!
Thanks

Scott
National Parts Depot
1965 Conv:Street driven concours
1966 Coupe: Daily driver and toy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts