Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread in the vintage thread but now think it's better in this one. I've had several classic Mustangs through the years and have such a strong love for them. I just found this '70 Coupe with a 351C. It's in pretty bad shape but I am patient and want to see this car done right. It's been a while since I have taken on a project car and never to this extent so any help from you experienced builders would be greatly appreciated!

I have always wanted a 351C , but this is a 2V, well it's got a 2bbl carb and mani so I am assuming its a 2V. It will be mostly street driven but still would like to see it getting 400-450 hp. If I can do this with 2V heads great, if not I can change the heads. I was considering swapping to a 302 or 351W but I think I'll stick with the Cleveland.
I just started tear down, I will get more done tomorrow and through the week. I want to pull the motor and get it all checked out make sure it is in good enough shape to build and have the body checked for frame damage. The fender aprons are pretty banged up, but from what I can tell the rails look good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a little more done today. I am working towards getting the motor out but only have an hour or so a day during the week. Today I got the AC condenser and the radiator out. Also the shock tower brace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts