Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 Fastback 302-4v, Auto, PS, PDB, Was an A/C car but no A/C parts under hood,this was somebody elses project, that I took over an now it is waiting for somebody else to finish. Here is what I did: previous owner dropped a Late Model 302 in it. I got it running but had a vibration, after confirming with a compression test the engine was in good shape all cylinders were right at 120-130 PSI. I yanked the engine and replaced the flexplate with a B&M custom 157 tooth 50 ounce version. Which cured the problem. The shock towers did have a few cracks, so I welded them up while I had the engine out. I also pulled the front suspension and welded from the back side also. I replaced the coils springs with new stock 351W springs but cut half a coil off first. So it is sitting pretty close to stock height. Also replaced the complete upper control arm assemblies and the spring perches on both sides also. New front KYB Gas Shocks. Trans was leaking from the pan gasket and the dipstick tube had a crack. I replaced both the pan and dipstick tube with new parts. still have a small leak from Neutral Safety shaft.It runs great the trans works great, and the disc brakes work great. The PS works but it does leak at the control valve and the valve is sloppy. This would be the first thing to address to make it a safe driver. The car has a cheap yellow paint job and doesn't look to bad in pictures. But will need a paint job. It has a 1969 front clip (fenders,headlamps assemblies, grille)Ideal for a 1969 Boss 302 Clone. There is very little rust, carpet is out of the car and the is a 6" x 6" area on the driver's front floor. Other than that the underneath is very solid. Price includes new black carpet still in the box. There are the typical spots on the corners of the doors and 1 quarter panel behind the wheel. New Rear Bumper. Email me for pictures or questions at [email protected] I am in So Cal and asking $6950 805-374-8728 between 6-9 pm PST only. Thanks Paul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts