Got some updated photos for you all. Hood is taking much longer than expected....SHOCKER!! All in all things are coming along nicely. Found the hood alignment was best without the hood hinge springs installed so we finished out the filler work without the springs installed and we'll try some different springs or modify the originals once we get to final assembly. No more talkie talkie...time for pictures!!
Got everything blocked out in 180 today. Hood still needs a little work but should be able to get the first round of 2k high build down by the end of the month. Can't wait to be done with filler work!!
Finally got the hood/fender/cowl gaps where we like them!! Going to do one more round of SPI epoxy over the entire car and block it out with 220 and 3M dry guide coat just to be sure we don't need any more filler or glaze work. Then on to the velvety 2k stage!! Very exciting!!
Got some epoxy down last week and starting to block it out in 220 with guide coat. Next will be 1 coat of epoxy on any "break throughs" followed by 2 or 3 coats of 2K. We decided to do the 220 round in epoxy rather than 2k just in case we had any low areas that may need filler rather than glaze. Found one low on the bottom of the passenger door that would require a bit more than glaze work so glad we made the decision to do this round in epoxy.
Did a little more blocking tonight and a quick spray out of Guardian Metallic. The base is Axalta Cromabase with SPI Universal clear. Messed up on the set up...wrong tip...so the base got some pretty bad orange peel. However, we achieve what we wanted to see. The Guard Metallic is very cool and very "shifty" with light. We used a front valance contour so we could see how the light changes over a contour. I loved the color. Not sure my buddy wants it though. We'll see.