Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing the bracket where the rubber lines meet the hard lines on the front of my 70 Mustang. I have disc brakes, are drum brake brackets the same or different? I figure drum brake brackets would be much easier to find.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Not exactly sure for 70 but generally yes there are different

·
Registered
343 Posts
Can't speak with total authority but when I converted my '69 Mach1 over to disks I was able to use the same brackets. Concours correct????Dunno, but, it worked fine with the factory hoses. I recall something about having to put a 180 degree bend in the (new) hardline so that the hose connection was to the rear of the bracket.
Rich

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
When I went from drum to disc on my '73 I was able to keep the original bracket, I just had to rotate it 90* to match the angle of the new oem disc style hard line I installed from the MC to the flex hose. I used Granada brakes tho, which don't have the bracket on the flex hose. I know my '73 is a different car but the major brake parts are the same from '70 - '73 so I thought my experience might be useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts