Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the aftermarket galvanized support brackets. I need to buy one for mine.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ken, hopefully the NPD repro is better than the ones that I have seen that others have purchased.

The repros are just not the same as the original heavy galvanized steel "J" lipped ones.

Please let me know how the NPD one is if you get one from them.

I have been trying to find an original for several months. Everybody that I have talked with had one or two originals several months ago but have sold them for up to $150.

Thanks.

Skip

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Skip. I thought the repos would be the same quality as the repo hood molding....bad. I'll keep looking for an original. If I get lucky and find 2 I'll let you know.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Mach1ne said:
Ken, hopefully the NPD repro is better than the ones that I have seen that others have purchased.

The repros are just not the same as the original heavy galvanized steel "J" lipped ones.

Please let me know how the NPD one is if you get one from them.

I have been trying to find an original for several months. Everybody that I have talked with had one or two originals several months ago but have sold them for up to $150.

Thanks.

Skip
You might try Kentucky Mustang. I just scored a good used hood molding for my 69. Not NOS/perfect but very good. And get this - it fits!

Link

1 - 6 of 6 Posts