Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is an awesome car and it is going to hurt to sell it. It has 63,000 original miles and is in mostly unrestored condition. It came from the factory with Yellow paint and White interior with the grey stripe. The car came from the dry high elevations of Boise Idaho. It has absolutely zero rust and is in overall excellent unrestored condition!! It is loaded with options that are verified by the Marti Report. It has the following FACTORY options: Shaker hood, close ratio 4-speed, 3.25 open rear gear, power steering, power disc brakes, rear deck spoiler, sport slats, paint stripes, bumper gaurds, convenience group, AM-8 track stereo, deluxe belts w/ warning light and all of the Mach1 stuff. The car appears before you now as it left the factory except someone added a front spoiler (I have the bumper guards) and I added the 15" Magnums (I do not have the hubcaps).

Condition wise, like I said, it is in excellent basically unrestored condition. The interior is 100% original. The chrome trim on the instrument bezels are perfect. The rim blow wheel has no cracks and functions properly. The console is perfect. The original carpet with sewn in mats is in very good condition with only light wear. The original headliner and sail panels are perfect. The door panels are the worst part of the interior and have had cracks repaired. The dash has a short split on each side of the speaker holes. The drivers seat has a 2" tear by the latch lever on the side of the seat. Otherwise the interior shows only light wear and is in very good condition. The only real attention I would give the interior are the door panels and I will include a new set for my asking price. In the trunk you will find the original Burtex mat and the jack and handle.

The body is so rust free it is incredible. There is not even any surface rust on the floors, top or bottom. The underside of the car was undercoated, but with a little effort someone could expose perfectly preserved factory primer and paint overspray. The door jambs and interior of the trunk still have the original paint. The exterior paint was redone in the mid 80s and is very presentable but has a few chips that have been touched up. The chrome all original and shines very nice but the original bumpers have some minor scratches here and there, but no pits or rust.

Mechanically the car is perfect. It runs and drives like a new car. It is the BEST driving early Mustang I have ever owned. It has all of it's original components like the air cleaner with s-tube and heat shield, carburetor, distributer, radiator, shroud, etc. It also has it's original exhaust pipes (the tailpipes are still shiny grey colored)with the original rolled edge tips and original clamps (the mufflers have been replaced). Even the battery cables are original. There would be nothing to buy if someone wanted to build a concours gold restored car from it. Everything works including the clock, rim blow and 8 track (I jam to a Foriegner tape when I drive it). The only exceptions are the sportlight switch and the trunk light, I know what is wrong with the sportlights and I will repair them. I have not seen a more original and well equipped Mach 1 for sale since I bought this car 3 years ago.

It will take someone who is interested in a time machine to appreciate this car. You can buy a shinier car for the money, but you will not find a more well ORIGINALLY equipped Mach 1 with a cool original color combination and that is in this original condition, anywhere for any price!!

If you send me your e-mail address, I will send you a bunch of pictures. I am asking $35,000. If you want to call me, you can reach me at 512-259-0720 or 512-791-2173.

Thanks, Todd

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts