Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car didn't have any side rocker moldings on it when I got it. I've figured it all out except the very bottom piece. i know the bottom screws into the rocker but what goes at the top of the molding? Some type of clip to hold the top? the holes are there but I don't know what goes in the holes!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
There's a long spring clip which should be riveted to the rockers. The top of the aluminum moulding clips to that long spring clip at the top. Screws hold it in at the bottom. If your long spring clips are missing, you'll have to cruise online for used parts. Nobody is reproducing anything like that clip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think this is what you're looking for, and unfortunately not reproduced. I looked everywhere, no luck. Then took a long shot, posted on 69stang and a member recommended Mike's Mustang in Bryans Road Maryland. Bingo, he had them. If he doesn't have a second pair start calling around to similar salvage shops.
6-210817162017-81091977.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think this is what you're looking for, and unfortunately not reproduced. I looked everywhere, no luck. Then took a long shot, posted on 69stang and a member recommended Mike's Mustang in Bryans Road Maryland. Bingo, he had them. If he doesn't have a second pair start calling around to similar salvage shops.
View attachment 760591
Called your man this morning and he just contacted me and said he had set I could get!!! Thanks man!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts