Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the whole front clip on my 70 Mach and am just about to start installing a Mustang II front coil over suspension does anyone have an alternate set of frame measurements other then what is in the shop manual?

When I installed the clip the back half of the car X’ed out with the rear of the floor supports and the rear height was dead on. The front of the clip is at the stated height however, I could not get the middle portion of the clip to come close to the two height measurements of 10.94 and 10.84 taken off the idler arm bolt hole and steering hole. These measurements were off by minus 1 ½ inches. I don’t see how because the sheet metal matched up just fine. Also the clip its self X’ed out just fine.

The car is still on a jig and before I start making things permanent I want to double check all my measurements again. Has anyone else ever run into this problem? The last thing I want is a side winder.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

I really appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts