Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to recover my front and back seat. There are many kits out there for the interior from every catalog. I am looking for a 70 Mach I which I believe has comfort weave upholstery.

My drivers seat is out of a 69 and the passenger is from a 70. I plan on picking up a 70 seat frame from a salvage yard but should the stripe on the seat be red or grey?? My drivers seat is red and my passenger seat is grey

2nd question Should I look for a specific manufacturer or do they all carry the same product? This question would apply to the foam and upholstery.

3rd question; how hard is it to do myself?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

·
Registered
992 Posts
My drivers seat is out of a 69 and the passenger is from a 70. I plan on picking up a 70 seat frame from a salvage yard but should the stripe on the seat be red or grey?? My drivers seat is red and my passenger seat is grey

Dont know the answer. I have the same question. I think 69 and 70 frames are the same with different covers.

2nd question Should I look for a specific manufacturer or do they all carry the same product? This question would apply to the foam and upholstery.

Both times I've done Mustang seat the brand was TMI. No problems, nice product.

3rd question; how hard is it to do myself?

It's pretty easy. You have to be able to look at it and determine where to start and how far to stretch. While I've only done 2 mustangs, I've done several dozen seat covers where I work.

Sluggo

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
The 69 seats had the RED stripe and the 70 seats had the GREY stripe. So your 70 should have a grey stripe. As for the 69 and 70 seats they are different. 69 seats had the seat release on the middle of the side on the seat back and the 70 seats had it on the bottom.When I had mine done I bought TMI covers and foam and all were top quality. I had mine done by an upholstery shop so I can not help you there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts