Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

I am looking for the stud type things that hold on the rocker panel molding piece that attaches the the bottom of the door on a 70 Mach I. Go through the outside and attached with a nut inside the door. The molding than slides on to the back of the stud things. Looks like you need 5 or 6 per side. Pretty sure now that they are not available. The PO of my car only had a couple per side so to keep the molding on he just drilled holes through the molding and attached it with sheet metal screws. I have to admit it worked well enough, I really didn't notice it when I bought the car. My question is, has anyone found a better alternative to the stock stud pieces. Thanks, Drew

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I saw that but no picture and they aren't that clear about what is in it. But with over 60 pieces that's probably it. I'll have to give them a call and ask, Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too am looking for the clips with the stud that go in the channel on the Mach 1 door trim and are held by nuts in the door. I only need those. I have the rest of the hardware and maybe enough clips for one side if I'm lucky, but they are not in great shape. Can anyone confirm NPD 29076-1ak (as mentioned above) contains these parts? Does anyone know of a source or a good alternative for these?
Thanks

·
Registered
734 Posts
These are one of the hardest things to find for any of our Pre-73 cars with the Rocker Panel moldings. The Clips are always different for different Models and years, and they always get broke. I always recommend Original Clips, because you never know what you will get with the Aftermarket. If anyone can post a pic of at least one of the Original Clips, I can look to see if I have any good ones left. I can't quite picture what the Mach 1 Clip should look like. I'm willing to look for just about any clip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts